2 sticks of butter
1/2 c white sugar
1 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c milk
1 packet finely crushed graham crackers (about 2 cups)
Club style crackers
1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c butterscotch chips
2/3 c peanut butter
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Line bottom with single layer of crackers.
- Combine butter, sugars, graham cracker crumbs, and milk in a saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly and watching carefully.
- Spread half of the sauce over the crackers.
- Place another layer of crackers over the sauce.
- Spread the rest of the sauce over that layer of crackers.
- Arrange a third layer of crackers on top. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine both kinds of chips and peanut butter over low heat. Stirring constantly until smooth.
- Spread melted peanut butter mixture over the top layer of crackers, covering completely.
- Refrigerate until sauce is hardened. Cut carefully in to bars with a sharp knife.
Rating: Delizioso! Probably my new favorite sweet, but not for everyday eating. :)
- I layed the middle layer of crackers opposite direction from the other two layers, so cutting wouldn't just be on the cracker lines.
- Could make this healthier if you used reduced fat crackers.