1 lb ground turkey
5 green onions, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes (with onion and garlic)
1/2 can low sodium black beans
1/2 can chili beans (medium sauce)
12 oz low sodium V8 juice
Emeril's Southwest Seasoning
other spices to taste
I am a big fan of "less dishes to do, the better," so I make this in one pan.
- Brown ground turkey, adding spices as desired. (I've found that the ground turkey in a tube falls apart more easily, making it perfect for this recipe. I add garlic at this point - because I add garlic to basically everything.) Drain meat, if needed.
- Add green onions, tomatoes, and beans. Stir, cooking for a little bit, letting everything get incorporated.
- Add juice and Emeril's Seasoning (to taste), stir.
- Simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally. (Today I let it cook until the game was over - about an hour and a half.)
- Serve with condiments you like. (for me: light sour cream and cheddar cheese, today: beer bread on the side.)
Warming Up: always warms up nicely.