Sunday, December 12, 2010

Beer Cheese Soup

Recipe From: my friend Penny, who got it from a friend

Ingredients:
4 cubes chicken bouillon OR 32 oz of chicken broth
1 can light beer
4 cups water (if using bouillon)
1 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
1cup each of celery, carrots, and onions - chopped
20 oz package frozen cauliflower and broccoli (or use fresh)
2 cans condensed Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup
8 oz Velveeta light, chunked


Directions:
  1. In a large pot, over medium-high heat, dissolve bouillon in beer and water.
  2. Add the potatoes, celery, carrots, and onion. Mix well and cook 15-20 minutes.
  3. Stir in cauliflower and broccoli mix, heat 10 more minutes.
  4. Finally, add the condensed soup and the cheese. Reduce heat to low and allow cheese to melt. Stir often.
  • For a smooth soup, process in a food processor or blender, otherwise leave vegetable in chunks.

Rating: ok. I need to try it again in and may like it better processed.

Notes:
  • I only made a half batch.
  • I did use the broth option. I also used shoestring cut carrots (to save a little time) and the fresh cauliflower and broccoli.
  • I found that I needed to add more cheese to get more of a cheesy flavor.
WW Points*: 2 points per cup (per recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment