4 cubes chicken bouillon OR 32 oz of chicken broth
1 can light beer
4 cups water (if using bouillon)
1 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
1cup each of celery, carrots, and onions - chopped
20 oz package frozen cauliflower and broccoli (or use fresh)
2 cans condensed Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup
8 oz Velveeta light, chunked
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, dissolve bouillon in beer and water.
- Add the potatoes, celery, carrots, and onion. Mix well and cook 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower and broccoli mix, heat 10 more minutes.
- Finally, add the condensed soup and the cheese. Reduce heat to low and allow cheese to melt. Stir often.
- For a smooth soup, process in a food processor or blender, otherwise leave vegetable in chunks.
Rating: ok. I need to try it again in and may like it better processed.
- I only made a half batch.
- I did use the broth option. I also used shoestring cut carrots (to save a little time) and the fresh cauliflower and broccoli.
- I found that I needed to add more cheese to get more of a cheesy flavor.