2 cups small curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup melted oleo
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
1 1/2 cups shredded swiss
4 oz mushrooms
1/2 cup diced onion
1 lb browned sausage
- In a bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- Add cottage cheese, oleo, flour, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Stir in cheeses, mushrooms, onions and sausage.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake, covered, at 350 for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
Warming Up: warms up well.
- My latest variation of this recipe is to use one container of egg substitute (equivalent of 7 eggs), one small container of low fat, small curd cottage cheese, reduced fat cheddar, no mushrooms, green onions, and turkey bacon.
- I typically make this and bake it in muffin tins. Then I freeze these mini-bakes for warming up later.