Sunday, February 6, 2011

Oreo Balls

When I first had these, my friend and I were trying to figure out what they were made of, I thought they were brownies because they are so moist.

Recipe From: my friend Molly's aunt-in-law

Ingredients:
1 pkg Oreo cookies
1 8oz cream cheese
White chocolate, or white chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Grind Oreo cookies in blender or food processor, a few at a time.
  2. Pour into bowl and add softened cream cheese. Mix well (using your hands is the best method).
  3. Form into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Refridgerate about an hour.
  4. Melt white chocolate.
  5. Dip each ball into melted chocolate, place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet until coating as hardened.
Rating: really good!
This recipe has become one that my family requests for our gatherings.
Try this once and you may get hooked too.
Notes:
  • I commonly make this with reduced fat Oreos and reduced fat cream cheese - no one can tell the difference and it's slightly healthier.
  • Shake colored sugar sprinkles on the balls while the chocolate is still soft for a customized party addition. I have done red and blue for the Fourth of July or red and green for Christmas - you could even make them the colors of your favorite team.
  • This recipe is easily doubled, etc. to make enough for your party.

1 comment: