Sunday, February 13, 2011

Potato Chowder

One of my favorite soup recipes. Easy to make and delicious - a winter time stand-by.

Recipe From: my Weight Watchers leader, Kathy

Ingredients:
2 bags Ore-Ida Hashbrown Potatoes (cubed, southern style) - 8 cups total
3 cans low sodium chicken broth
1 can reduced fat cream soup
8 oz fat free cream cheese
1 can corn (optional)
onion to taste
seasoning to taste


Directions:
Open, pour, simmer (about 2 hours), stirring occasionally.

Rating: tasty
Warming Up: never have a problem warming this up for lunch
Notes:
  • I use cream of celery soup, the recipe call for cream of chicken. I also use green onions.
  • This soup looks interesting as it cooks, but trust me...the potatoes break down and everything comes together to make a great, thick chowder.
  • This makes a lot of chowder, so I typically make a half batch. Making a full batch is fine too, this chowder freezes well.
  • Even more delicious when served with a little reduced fat cheddar cheese on top. I also think you could easily turn this in to a "stuffed baked potato soup" by adding bacon bits, broccoli, etc.
WW Points*: 3 points per cup

No comments:

Post a Comment