Sunday, March 13, 2011

Upside-Down Pizza Remix

This weekend I decided to revisit the Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza recipe. I really liked the original way of making it, but thought I'd switch it up a little this time.

The changes I made:
  • added green onions to the meat and cooked them a little before adding the sauce
  • mixed low-fat ricotta cheese with the broccoli instead of using mozzarella on top
  • used refrigerated crescent sheet instead of pizza crust
  • added sliced tomatoes and a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese to the top before baking
This version did need to bake longer - I'm not sure if it was the crescent rolls topping or the tomatoes on top, but I think I ended up baking at 375 for 35-40 minutes, just check on it while it's baking.

This time the dish was equally as delicious and I used the extra crescent sheet to experiment with appetizer options. Maybe I'll have to do a post about that sometime soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment