Sunday, February 5, 2012

Squash Burgers

Recipe From: I modified/combined recipes from Cooking Light and a blog. (mostly from the blog)

Ingredients:
3 cups squash (I've used cubed butternut and a mixture of mashed butternut and acorn)
garbanzo beans (about 1/2 a can)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 c oatmeal
1/2 of a 1/3 c pecans

1/4 c crumbled goat cheese



Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400.  Coat butternut squash and garbanzo beans with oil and maple syrup. Bake until browned, tossing occasionally.
  2. While baking, combine oatmeal and pecans in food processor and grind.
  3. After squash and beans are done, cool, then blend in food processor until nearly smooth.
  4. Mix in oatmeal mixture and goat cheese.
  5. Preheat skillet.  Form patties. (makes about 6 large patties)
  6. Cook on each side until browned.

Rating: I've tried this a couple times and each time it was a little drier than I would like, so I'll keep tweaking.
Warming Up: warms up fine.
Notes:
  • Because I make this in hopes of finding one similar to the one I had at Bluephies, I serve it with pesto and a tomato.
WW PointsPlus*: without the goat cheese, 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment