3 cups squash (I've used cubed butternut and a mixture of mashed butternut and acorn)
garbanzo beans (about 1/2 a can)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 c oatmeal
1/2 of a 1/3 c pecans
1/4 c crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Coat butternut squash and garbanzo beans with oil and maple syrup. Bake until browned, tossing occasionally.
- While baking, combine oatmeal and pecans in food processor and grind.
- After squash and beans are done, cool, then blend in food processor until nearly smooth.
- Mix in oatmeal mixture and goat cheese.
- Preheat skillet. Form patties. (makes about 6 large patties)
- Cook on each side until browned.
Rating: I've tried this a couple times and each time it was a little drier than I would like, so I'll keep tweaking.
Warming Up: warms up fine.
- Because I make this in hopes of finding one similar to the one I had at Bluephies, I serve it with pesto and a tomato.